The Green Homes Grant scheme, first promised in July, is now live. It can provide a significant amount of cash for home improvements such as insulation, double glazing and heating controls, which should improve a home’s energy efficiency, and its value.
How Much? Vouchers will cover two-thirds of the cost of eligible improvements, up to a maximum government contribution of £5,000.
If you, or someone in your household, receive certain benefits you may be eligible for a voucher covering 100% of the cost of the improvements. The maximum value of the voucher is £10,000.
You must redeem the voucher and ensure improvements are completed by 31 March 2021.
Are you eligible? You may be eligible if you live in England and:
- You own your own home (including long-leaseholders and shared ownership).
- You own your own park home on a residential site (including Gypsy and Traveller sites).
- You are a residential landlord in the private or social rented sector (including local authorities and housing associations).
You cannot get the Green Homes Grant for newly built homes which have not been previously occupied.
Check you’re eligible for a Green Homes Grant before applying.
To Apply: you’ll need:
- the name and date of birth of the property owner or owners
- the name and date of birth of anyone living in the property who is receiving benefits
- a quote for the work from a TrustMark-registered tradesperson
- the TrustMark licence number of your chosen tradesperson
Please read through all the details before applying HERE.