Dorset Council have received a planning application to build six stables and a tack room with grooms’ accommodation has been made by Lower Chapel Marsh Farm, Axnoller Lane, Beaminster. The application also includes the removal of an existing mobile home.
Agents say the application is on behalf of The Chedington Court Estate and is part of the ongoing development of the site to provide a world class equestrian centre.
The ground floor of the new building is proposed to have six stables and a tack room, the first floor accommodation having three grooms bedrooms; one with an en-suite shower room, together with a separate bathroom and a guest suite with sitting room.
Trevor Bevins from the Dorset Echo reported:
“Agents say the use of the building is multi-functional, providing space not only for existing horses on the site, but also visiting horses and teams together with their staff, hence the requirement for the grooms accommodation, with the guest suite being provided for the horse owner.
The facility is used by Ellie Guy Eventing and by Chris Burton, a leading Australian eventer who finished third in the world in the 2019 season.
Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic the New Zealand and Australian eventing teams were due to visit the site and train before the Tokyo Olympics which were due to take place later this year.
There are currently four permanent staff on site and a further two part time. The number of horses on site varies but at any one time there can be up to 30 horses.”
These road works are scheduled for the forthcoming week in the area:
- Western Power Distribution will be carrying out repairs on St Andrews Road, Bridport until June 26 and Dorset Council will be working in North Allington on June 25 and 26. These will only result in some carriageway incursion.
- There will be traffic controls on Dottery Road, Salway Ash, from the junction with Pineapple Lane to the entrance of Ashleigh Farm for Dorset Council to carry out general maintenance works.
- Dorset Council will be carrying out pothole and road repairs on Monkton Lane from June 24 to 26 and traffic controls will be in place.
- In Beaminster, Whitcombe Road will be closed on June 25 and 26 and from the Hooke junction to the A356 from June 26 to 30 for Dorset Council to carry out works.
- There will be traffic controls in Hogshill Street until June 22 while Wessex Water repair a mains leak.
- In Mosterton, traffic controls will be in place on Main Road by the Admiral Hood pub on June 22.
- Clanden Hill and Broadwindsor Road in Broadwindsor will be closed from June 22 to 25. The diversion route is via Beaminster and Whetley Cross. West Street will be closed from June 22 to 26. The diversion is via Drimpton and Birdsmoor Gate.
#StaySafe #SocialDistancing #DriveSafe
The Wobbly Cottage bakery at the Craft Centre posted this message last night: “A massive Thank you to everyone that has been so supportive these last 3 months, we are so thankful to you all, your amazing! We are taking a little week off to recharge our batteries and will be back open on Tuesday 30th June. Hope to see you all then
#thankyou #yourallamazing #weretakingabreak #bakerstimeoff #artisanbakery #sourdough”
We Thank you Rich & Dani!
#Broadwindsor #StaySafe #SocialDistancing
UPDATE – POST CLOSED – We have now received more than enough interest for the amount of hens we can potentially rescue. thank you for your messages, we will be working through them and replying wherever possible. Thank you
PLEASE NOTE: Our messaging service will be turned off at midnight tonight (Fri 19th June). If you have been asked to send in further details please make sure we have them by then, including a phone number for you. Thank you so much for all the kind responses. We have found loads of homes for these beautiful souls. 😊🌱
#StaySafe #SocialDistancing #HappyHens
Celebrated on the third Sunday of June for the first time in 1910, Father’s Day is held on various days in many parts of the world all throughout the year, often in the months of March, May and in the UK, June.
In addition to Father’s Day, International Men’s Day is celebrated in many countries on November 19 in honour of men including boys.
#StaySafe #SocialDistancing #SpoilDad