It’s Recycle Week 2020! (21 – 27 September). Wherever you live. Wherever you call home. 89% of us recycle. Keep doing your bit. This year and every year.
- there are recycling bins are at Redlands Yard for tetrapaks and aluminium foil respectively.
- there are recycling bins for crisp packets at Bernards’ Place and outside the school.
- there are two large clothes recycling banks, also outside of the school.
Please remember to wash and crush your tetrapaks or the bins will fill up too quickly. Please don’t put an item in the recycling bin if it’s not meant to go in there – the volunteers then have the undesirable job of having to sort through it all!
The local Eco-Group would welcome new volunteers to empty the two bins by Redlands Yard. It needs emptied weekly and a monthly visit to Bridport Recycling Centre. There is a rota, but more help is always welcome. Usually a volunteer will have two dates allocated. All that is required are three black bin bags: one for aluminium and two for tetrapaks. Please contact Jackie Riley HERE or call her on 01308 868949.
Bridport Recycling Centre is located at Broomhills Nursery, West Bay Fields, Bridport, Dorset DT6 5LB and is open 9am – 6pm (at the time of publishing). Regular opening hours are due to change on October 1st but Government Guidelines and Regulations re: Covid-19 may change opening times before then.
All the following items are accepted at Bridport Recycling Centre:
- Car Batteries
- Christmas Trees (fake)
- Christmas Trees (real)
- Cooking Oil
- Electrical Equipment
- Engine Oil (limited to 5 litres per visit)
- Fire Extinguishers (charges apply)
- Food waste
- Fridges and Freezers
- Garden Waste
- Gas Bottles (charges apply)
- Glass (charges may apply for sheets/panels)
- Hardcore (charges apply)
- Household and Garden Chemicals Labelled (maximum 5 litres of each chemical type)
- Large domestic appliances
- Mobile Phones
- Paper cups
- Pillows and duvets
- Plasterboard (charges apply)
- Plastic Bottles
- Printer and toner cartridges
- Rubble (charges apply)
- Scrap Metal
- Small electrical items
- Soil (charges apply)
- Tyres (charges apply)
Asbestos cannot be taken to this recycling centre.
There are van and trailer restrictions: Vans must have a valid permit or a hire agreement of a maximum of 3 days.
Vehicles that don’t require a permit can use a trailer, but the maximum trailer size is 1.2 metres wide and 1.8 metres long (approx. 6ft x 4ft).