They were due to be at Broadwindsor’s Fun Day in June and now, as part of ‘Bridport Bounces Back‘ Shelby’s Elbows live streaming from Bridport now – click HERE
Due to having to cancel all facial appointments booked, following the Government’s announcement on Thursday, The Painted Nail at Redlands Yard now have unexpected availability this week!
They have put on some fabulous offers too…
- 💕 £10 off their full range of pedicures (excluding file and paint)
- 💕 Back, neck and shoulder massage only £20
- 💕 Sienna X spray tan only £15
- We offer two late nights till 9pm and every other Saturday.
- Offering a full range of beauty and nail treatments.
Re: booking facial appointments including lashes from the 15th fingers crossed, they can then carry these treatments out. Isabel is an extremely experienced, friendly and professional therapist.
💫 they do have a few slots available for acrylics too!
💫 Message HERE or book online HERE at ThePaintedNail.co.uk.
#Broadwindsor #WestDorset #ThePaintedNail #Appointments #SpecialOffer #Pedicure #Massage #SprayTan #Lashes #Facials #DropDeadGorgeous
Many heartfelt thanks to village resident Malcom Heaver for repairing the swings in our village’s park.
He has replaced the top beam and many nuts and bolts, tried and tested by his good self – we look forward to hearing the children’s laughter 🙂
#Broadwindsor #BernardsPlace #Play #Swings #Children #ThankYou #BeResponsible #BeSafe
Readers of The Broadwindsor News monthly magazine will be familiar with the many recipes which have appeared direct from The Bishops’ Kitchen. Broadwindsor.org is delighted to be bringing the recipes to you online each month too. The Bishops’ Kitchen will have it’s own page on the website as the number of recipes increase – but you can always type what you’re looking for in the search box to bring up any pages or posts at all 🙂 Happy Baking!
LEMON & POLENTA DRIZZLE CAKE
2 lemons, 140g butter, softened, plus extra for greasing, 3 eggs, 250g golden caster sugar, 200g ground almonds, 175 g polenta, 1tsp baking powder. For drizzle: 140 g golden caster sugar, juice 1 lemon
Put the lemons in a saucepan & cover with water, simmer for 1 hour until the lemons are really soft. Drain the lemons, when cool halve them, remove pips & blitz in food processor to a puree. Add all the other ingredients & carry on blitzing until you have a loose batter. Grease a 23cm cake tin & heat oven to 180c/gas4. Scrape the batter into cake tin & bake for40-50 mins until golden & starting to shrink from sides, remove. To make drizzle, mix sugar & lemon juice & pour over cake & leave to cool completely. Serve with mascarpone.
150 g of milk & dark chocolate broken into chunks, 250 g unsalted butter, plus extra to grease, 200 g caster sugar, 4 large eggs (separated), 1tsp vanilla extract, ½ tsp cream of tartar. 23cm springform cake tin, base lined with non-stick baking paper & sides greased
Heat oven to 180c/gas4. Gently melt the chocolate & butter in a heavy-based pan. Then stir in 100 g of the sugar. Leave to cool slightly, then beat in the egg yolks & vanilla using a wooden spoon. Pour into a large mixing bowl. Whisk the egg whites with electric mixer until foamy. Add the cream of tartar, then whisk until stiff peaks form. Add remaining sugar 1tbsp at a time until thick & glossy. Mix a spoonful of egg white into the chocolate mixture to loosen it, then gently fold in the remaining whites in 2-3 additions until all incorporated. Spoon batter into prepared tin & bake for 40 mins or until risen & the top starts to crack. Cool the cake in tin.
All recipes are from village resident, Richard Childs.
#Broadwindsor #TheBishopsKitchen #WestDorset #Baking #Food #Cake #DrizzleCake #ChocolateCake #YumYum #BeTempted #BeSafe
Broadwindsor Fun Day 2021 will be Saturday, June 12th.
Dear fellow Broadwindsor residents and friends,
I write in my role as the Chair of the Broadwindsor Fun Group and hope that this update finds you safe and well.
At the time of putting this piece together the virus is still ever present and the ease of restrictions has been halted with regional lockdowns being put in place. Despite this the Broadwindsor Fun Group have started to look forward to happier times in effort to plan events. The toll on fundraising towards the Fun day to be held on 12th June 2021 has been heavy. I am grateful for the work carried out by committee members to reduce any losses regarding the cancellation of these.
On the positive side we are already negotiating with entertainers to appear at the Fun day in 2021. You may have seen a request for ideas for a theme. Some really good ones have been put forward including something around the Olympics and the European football and a more generic idea of ‘Your Hero’.
More ideas are very welcome (please submit your ideas to: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Whilst we do feel able to start planning for the Fun day next year, we have had to make the difficult decision to not hold a fireworks event this year. The main reasons for this revolve around the virus and fears that even if the situation eased, many may not attend. I have looked at this matter carefully and would seek to inform you that I do not believe that the running of a fireworks evening is viable. Traditionally this event is a loss maker but nevertheless held for the community to enjoy. Should it be held this year, it is projected that we would make a loss of circ. £450. That is assuming that people would attend and still put money in the buckets etc. I have considered approaches to local companies for sponsorship but decided against this as they are most likely struggling to restart after the lockdown and I feel it would be wrong to ask for financial backing. This is not to say that approaches will not be made at a later date as we do need sponsorship for the Fun day itself!
This all said, we do hope to be in a position to run fundraising events such as a Christmas Fayre and Big Breakfast so that the Fun Day 2021 can go ahead bigger and better than ever.
Anyone seeking to hold any such events are asked to communicate with the Fun group so that we can avoid duplication etc. and support each other.
Chair, Broadwindsor Fun Group
#Broadwindsor #BroadwindsorFunGroup #FunDay2021 #WestDorset #Village #12/06/21 #Fundraising #Covid-19 #BeResponsible #SocialDistancing #StaySafe
The Blackdown Trust is a village based fund set up over 50 years ago to contribute towards the expense of Further Education for individual local students.
The amount available depends on the number of applicants. You are eligible to apply if:
- you live in Broadwindsor, Burstock, Blackdown or Thorncombe.
- you have attended local schools.
- you are leaving school to further your education; you have qualified for and have been accepted as a student on a recognised course at university/college/college or apprenticeship/agricultural college.
Please send your own letter of application including details of the above, your postal address and any other information you consider relevant to: email@example.com before the 25 September 2020 deadline.
#Broadwindsor #Blackdown #Burstock #Thorncombe #EducationalTrust #Village #Funding #StaySafe
Salon on the Square in Beaminster are looking for an experienced and passionate barber to join their team and manage Barber on the Square.
Self employed or employed position considered and flexible working hours.
Additional training provided
Please send your CV and cover letter by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or by post to:
12 The Square DT8 3AX Beaminster.
#Broadwindsor #LocalEmployment #Beaminster #Barber #SalonOnTheSquare #BarberOnTheSquare #Dorset #JobOpportunity #Work #SocialDistancing #StaySafe
Vikki at The White Lion is offering a Thursday evening EAT IN MEAL DEAL throughout the month of August 🙂
They are closed all day on Mondays and support L&F Catering with their Fish ‘n’ Chips van on Tuesday nights so Vikki decided to invite people to eat in and help out on a Thursday night which is not included in the Government’s national campaign but still helps out all involved.
From the limited menu (see below) if you buy one meal @ £9.95, you’ll get a second for only £5 😀
- Thursday 6pm – 9pm
- Maximum 4 people at a table from a maximum of 2 different households
- Booking advisable – 01308 847070
#Broadwindsor #TheWhiteLion #WestDorset #HomeCooked #EatInHelpOut #MealDeal #L&FCatering #Dorset #SupportYourLocal #SocialDistancing #StaySafe
The support will be fully funded by the government from the England European Regional Development Fund and distributed through Growth Hubs, embedded in local areas across England.
- The support will be fully funded by the Government with no obligation for businesses to contribute financially.
- The funding being provided to businesses is supported by the England European Regional Development Fund as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme 2014-2020. The Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government is the Managing Authority for the European Regional Development Fund in England.
For more information visit HERE.
- The funding has been allocated to Growth Hubs within each LEP area in line with the current ERDF Programme.
- To establish a viable grant programme, they have set a minimum of £250,000 for all LEP areas. The allocation of resources will be reviewed as the grant fund is delivered.
- Growth Hubs work across the country with local and national, public and private sector partners – such as Chambers of Commerce, FSB, universities, Enterprise Zones and banks, co-ordinating local business support and connecting businesses to the right help for their needs. They are locally driven, locally owned and at the heart of the government’s plan to ensure business support is simpler, more joined up and easier to access.
- Activities supported through the £20 million can include:
- One-to-many events providing guidance to respond to coronavirus,
- Grants (£1,000 – £5,000) to help businesses access specialist professional advice such as HR, accountants, legal, financial, IT and digital, and to purchase minor equipment to adapt or adopt new technology in order to continue to deliver business activity or diversify.
#Broadwindsor #DiscoverBeaminster #WestDorset #Scarecrow #TreasureHunt #Summer #Fun #SocialDistancing #StaySafe