In April 2020, during Lockdown, the telephone box in the Square in Broadwindsor became a Book Exchange.
Village resident Margery Hookings, under her pseudonym Maddie Grigg, has published several reviews by herself and other users of the book exchange, of the eclectic mix of books that have passed through the old swing door of the telephone box.
- The Heart’s Invisible Furies by John Boyne (historical fiction)
- The Shadow Box by Luanne Rice (thriller)
- The Bees by Laline Paull (dystopian fantasy)
- Garden of Lost and Found by Harriet Evans (historical romance/saga)
- The Girl With The Louding Voice by Abi Dare, (fiction)
- Erebus – The Story of a Ship by Michael Palin (non-fiction)
There are many more to be found on Margery’s blog ‘And the people stayed home‘ at https://maddiegrigg.co.uk/.
You can read all the book reviews HERE.
Later, Margery will include Kindle books and others you’ve bought, especially if you’ve really enjoyed them. If you’d like to contribute, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reviews and previews don’t have to be long or intricate. Here are a few guidelines for those reviewing:
- Reviews should not exceed 200 words in total.
- Please include:
- Body of Review (no spoilers please).
- Would you recommend/not recommend?
- Send all reviews to email@example.com.