Running alonside FareShare at Drimpton Village Hall this Friday from 9 – 11am, a Care Coordinator from the Jurassic Coast Primary Care Network will be in attendance.
The following information is taken from their website:
>>> Social prescribing is when patients are referred to support in the community, in order to improve their health and wellbeing. Patients are connected to community groups and statutory services for practical and emotional support.
This service can help patients if:
- They need linking to support for mental and physical health issues, such as smoking cessation and healthy eating
- They are feeling isolated and want assistance in becoming more involved in your community
- They are struggling with work, housing or money worries
Care Coordinators connect patients with the help, care and support they need to manage their long term conditions and to make decisions about their own care.
This service can help patients if they are:
- Over 18
- Need help finding their way around different health, social care and support services
- Have one or more long term conditions (e.g. diabetes, asthma, COPD, CVD, dementia, chronic pain)
A care coordinator can work with you to create a care and support plan that is centred around what matters to you. Work closely with your care givers and the important people in your life to make sure you receive the best possible care. Support you in navigating the health system and accessing local support and services.
A referral to this service is entirely voluntary. Nobody is obliged to use the service and we welcome all patients who need support who are engaged and happy to work with us.
The team work across Bridport, Beaminster and Lyme Regis and attend each practice at least twice a week. The team can see patients at their medical surgery, at home or via a telephone or video call. <<<
This Friday, 2nd February at Drimpton Village Hall is an OutReach service running from 9 – 11am.