Running from 8th – 14th February, the theme for the 14th annual National Apprenticeship Week is ‘Build the Future’.
The aim is to encourage everyone to consider how apprenticeships help individuals to build the skills and knowledge required for a rewarding career. The week showcases the impact apprenticeships can have on communities, local businesses and regional economies and how they all benefit from the impact of apprenticeships.
To support National Apprenticeship Week 2021, individuals, employers, training providers and communities are being encouraged to get involved, to celebrate apprenticeship.
In November 2020, Broadwindsor.org published an article for local employment at Heavers of Bridport as they were offering three Apprentice positions at that time. Today, Ross Heaver responded with this update:
“We hired three apprentices in the end. All are doing very well and are undergoing their training programme and down the line, they should be all be fully qualified installers. It is great to offer employment and opportunities for young people during these times.“
This is fantastic news & well done to both Heavers & their Apprentices!
There is a Twitter online programme for NAW2021:
At the time of publishing, today’s event has already ended.
- Tuesday 9 February from 12 noon – 2 pm, employers will be on hand to answer questions using #AskAnEmployer.
- Wednesday 10 February from 12 noon – 2 pm, existing apprentices will be available to respond to questions using the #AskAnApprentice.
- Thursday 11 February is Thank you Thursday.
- Friday 12 February A virtual graduation ceremony takes place.
- Saturday 13 February is Parents and Carers Day.
- Valentine’s Day, Sunday 14 February, will bring an end to National Apprenticeship Week 2021.
You can also follow @Apprenticeships and @CareerMapNews on Twitter to keep an eye on launch day events.
To find out more about Apprenticeships online visit:
- Read more on the Government’s website HERE.
- Find an Apprenticeship on the Government website HERE.
- Amazing Apprenticeships
- National Apprentice Week website HERE.