England’s Lionesses have won the Euro 2022 championship after beating Germany 2-1 in extra-time at Wembley.
It is England’s first major trophy since the men’s side won the World Cup in 1966.
- Nil-nil at half time, Ella Toone scored England’s first goal in the 62nd minute.
- Germany’s Lina Magull scored the equaliser in the 79th minute.
- Chloe Kelly scored the winning goal in the 2nd half of extra time.
- Beth Mead won the Player of the Tournament & the Golden Boot.
- The photograph shows Captain Leah Williamson with the cup 🙂
A remarkable achievement in so many ways and marvellous role models for our young girls – our heartfelt congratulations to them all 🙂