As our village no longer has the service of any First Responders, Broadwindsor Fun Group are organising two sessions, dependant on interest, of a one day course of Emergency First Aid Training offering you a nationally recognised qualification certificate valid for 3 years.
The first one day course is being fully funded by Broadwindsor Fun Group*. It will take place in the Autumn and numbers are strictly limited to 12 places for each course.
The course is being run by MICAS Training Ltd. It is a one day Level 3 Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) course, certified by Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance. In line with guidance provided by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), the qualification supports workplace emergency first aiders for a period of 3 years, after which point learners will need to retake the course.
The course content:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider.
- Be able to assess an incident.
- Be able to provide first aid to an unresponsive casualty (including CPR and the recovery position).
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty who is choking.
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with external bleeding.
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty who is in shock.
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with minor injuries.
Learners must undertake a practical assessment of their competence along with a knowledge assessment, where learners are required to provide a short response to a prescribed series of questions.
*The first one day course will be offered free of charge for members of the local community who are both willing & able to support events & general village first aid needs. Those who qualify from this one day course would have their names and their contact telephone number on display in the Comrades Hall.
Dependant on interest, a second course can be arranged for others at a later date, but a cost would be incurred by the learner.
To express your interest, please contact email@example.com in the first instance.