Broadwindsor Cricket Club are participating in the free junior cricket on offer. They are providing a sporting opportunity for locals and school children to use in the summer holidays for coaching The local Girl Guides will also use it for a camping expedition this summer!
The link to register your child is at the foot of the page.
- From April: Every Tuesday evening.
- From May – September: Every Saturday morning.
All Stars Cricket provides a fantastic first experience for all children aged 5-8 years old where they’re guaranteed 8 weeks of jam-packed fun, activity and skills development. The programme is designed to introduce children to the sport, teaching them new skills, helping them make new friends and have a great time doing so.
Every child that registers will receive a backpack full of goodies. Your child’s pack will include:
- Cricket bat
- Cricket ball
- Personalised t-shirt with your child’s name
- Early sign-ups will also receive a cap (new participants only)
All children returning to All Stars will receive a kit bag, a set of stumps, a new ball and a personalised t-shirt.
Children will learn fundamental movement skills including catching, throwing and batting. Soft balls and plastic bats are used by everyone and all participants are given their very own cricket bag full of everything they need to play the game.
Every child will earn stars in their own activity booklet that match the skills learned during the programme:
- Batting – hitting a moving ball
- Throwing – underarm and overarm
- Catching – small and large balls
- Bowling – overarm
- Running – lots of movement
- Teamwork – fun games with friends
- Communication – the basics of cricket
- Spirit of Cricket – how to respect others
Dynamos Cricket provides a fantastic next step for all those graduating from All Stars Cricket and the perfect introduction for all 8-11 year-olds new to the sport!
- Children will use soft balls and light wooden bats
- Minimum of six 60-90 minute sessions
- Introduction to game play through a countdown cricket match
- New Balance personalised t-shirt with name and number
- Valuable time with your kids – mums and dads are encouraged to take part too
- Complementary digital app experience*
- Exclusive access to Topps Cricket Attax cards
- Safe and fully accredited
Sessions begin with a 5-10 minute warm-up to get the children moving and recapping on gross motor skills and basic ball handling.
The sessions continue with skill builders for 15 minutes, providing everything children need to play, particularly focusing on bowling, which can be the make-or-break element of any game of cricket! The session finishes with a game of countdown cricket that will take 30-45 minutes and give everyone a chance to participate in all elements of the game – batting, bowling and fielding.
*The Dynamos Cricket app, designed both for those who have never played cricket before, and those looking to build on what they already know, is packed full of amazing features for all children aged 8+ to enjoy. The skills videos and interactive quizzes provide lots of ways for children to get active – even with minimal space and equipment.
Register your child for either or both programmes HERE.
Click HERE for Broadwindsor Cricket Club’s 2021 Fixtures.