Beaminster Town Council have announced the return of the CB3 Bus service:
“CB 3 NEWS
It has been a l-o-n-g time since the Beaminster CB3 volunteers have seen friends, supporters and passengers! but we are pleased to announce that your favourite bus will be back on the roads again from SATURDAY 17TH OCTOBER.
The bus will be running to the same timetable as before but working to Covid safe guidance which means that, unfortunately, passenger numbers on board at any one time will be limited. We are asking ALL passengers to RING the bus before they travel on 07716 643087. Every effort will be made to seat couples and families together and please tell us if you intend to come back on the bus so that a return seat can be booked – we would hate to leave anyone behind.
The phone number will be available for bookings all week and will be on the bus on Saturdays.
All Covid precautions have been put in place – ALL passengers are required to use the hand gel on boarding the bus and (unless you have a dispensation) wear a face mask.
Please pass this good news on to your friends and neighbours and the volunteers look forward to seeing you back on the bus on Saturdays.”
Here’s the timetable:
Please remember ALL passengers are asked to RING the bus before they travel on 07716 643087.
Beaminster’s Fiver Fest runs from 10th – 24th October 2020. This is first time that Beaminster is taking part in TotallyLocally’s FiverFest initiative. Local businesses taking part put on special £5 offers over 2 weeks, to show the diversity and value of what they sell, and to say thank you to the communities that support them. We wish them all well.
Promotions so far include:
- Cilla & Camilla: Full Cream Tea in their Cafe for a fiver per person.
- Cilla & Camilla: Thought Bamboo Socks for a fiver.
- Dexters: Smaller Appetite Menu for a fiver.
- Dexters: Takeaway meal deal for a fiver.
- Furleigh Estate: Get a fiver off when you purchase Furleigh sparkling wine.
- Little Groves Nursery: 2x 2kg bags of Tom Chambers Wild birdseed for a fiver.
- Little Groves Nursery: 3 x pots of herbs for a fiver.
- Salon on the Square: Aveda travel-size product for a fiver.
- Salon on the Square: Eyebrow shaping for a fiver.
- Salon on the Square: Men’s beard trim for a fiver.
- Salon on the Square: Mii makeup consultation for a fiver.
- Sophia’s Choice: Cytoplan Vitamin D 2500iu supplement for a fiver.
- Tangerine Cafe: Special item on their menu, which may change daily, for a fiver.
- The Coach House Café at Mapperton: Warming Autumn soup with crusty bread for a fiver.
- The Ollerod: Enjoy a glass of bubbly (or wine/soft drink) and a slice of cake for a fiver.
Click HERE to find the up to date list 🙂
Find out all you need to know about TotallyLocally’s FiverFest HERE.
The Food Bank in Beaminster is located in the Prout Bridge Building, 6 Prout Bridge, Beaminster DT8 3AY and is an invaluable source to many. They now open 10am – 12noon on Mondays and Fridays every week.
Those who need to use the Food Bank can get in contact via telephone: 07434 654 652 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and arrange to collect a parcel. You do not need a referral – but it helps! If you have been referred, you’ll be given a voucher – which you should take to your nearest foodbank. There, your voucher will be redeemed for 3 days worth of nutritionally balanced food.
They are still taking donations which are always needed and very welcome. donation boxes can be found at:
- Beaminster Pharmacy
- Yarn Barton Centre
- Prout Bridge
Vouchers are accepted at Nick Tett‘s butchers and Fruit and Two Veg. Delivery can be arranged in emergencies.
They thank you so much for your support and do please encourage those who are in need to contact them. They provide fresh food and free groceries. They are fully stocked and ready to help. 🙂
Food Banks normally provide non perishable foods unless stated otherwise and will try to tailor if possible any special dietary requests e.g. vegetarian. Please note: Food Banks are not a long term solution. They are there to help in times of crisis.
Join the Beaminster Scarecrow Treasure Hunt – and WIN!
#Broadwindsor #DiscoverBeaminster #WestDorset #Scarecrow #TreasureHunt #Summer #Fun #SocialDistancing #StaySafe