Located at Gore Cross Business Park in Bridport, this is a permanent, full time position with Ackerman Engineering Ltd.
They are looking for an experienced Contract Engineer who will work within their customer contracts team and deal with incoming enquiries. The purpose of the role is to develop new customers and build a portfolio of repeat order business. Ensuring quotations and orders are allocated/ processed efficiently and professionally to achieve continued customer satisfaction.
This role is suited to a Contracts Engineer who has experience building quotations. Ideally with a manufacturing background
- Supporting the contracts team, dealing with incoming enquiries, providing accurate quotations.
- To obtain a correct understanding of customer requirements.
- To prepare quotation responses in accordance with the established procedures for investigation, design, costing and presentation.
- To ensure that documentation received for orders/enquiries is sufficiently Informative and detailed to allow efficient processing.
- Providing technical and commercial support to customers.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships, demonstrating continuous commitment to customers focus.
- Communicating internally with purchasing, quality and production departments.
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required:
- Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate clearly at all levels.
- Computer literate.
- Positive, motivated, can-do attitude.
- Energy to increase the capability to deliver and improve business results.
- Driving Licence, to be able to visit customers in the future.
- Experience working in a sheet metal manufacturing environment.
- Contract engineering experience.
You will report to Contracts Engineer Manager.
Hours: Monday – Thursday 08:00 – 17:00, Friday 08:00 – 13:00
Telephone: 01308 422185 or email: email@example.com
Ackerman Engineering are a 5th generation family owned Dorset UK company. Established in Bridport in 1885, today they fabricate utilising the very latest in sheet metal working machinery and CadCam simulation techniques.