Apply To Get Help with Bills By Friday,12th February

Dorset residents have until Friday, 12th February to put in their applications to apply for funding to pay utility bills.

Vulnerable families in Dorset can apply for money to pay their utility bills, but the deadline is approaching fast.

The programme is being administrated by Citizen’s Advice Dorset. To access the funding, which come from the Government’s Covid Winter Grant Scheme, log on HEREYou can also call on 01929 408950 to apply.

Cllr. Jane Somper

Cllr Jane Somper, Dorset Council lead member for Safeguarding, said, “I urge families, and others, who need support this winter with essential bills like heating, to apply online for help or get in touch by ringing our helpline. These are difficult times and helping our most vulnerable families, who have been hard-hit by the pandemic, is vital. We are working with schools and other organisations like Citizens’ Advice to get help and support out to those who need it.”

At least 80% of the Covid Winter Grant will be used to help vulnerable families in Dorset; some of the remaining 20% will either be used to support other vulnerable residents across the area or will also be spent supporting families.

Support and advice for all residents, including information about accessing food and other financial support is available online at: www.dorsetcouncil.gov.uk/reaching-out.

Scroll#Broadwindsor,#Burstock,#Blackdown,#Hursey,#Kittwhistle,#Seaborough,#Drimpton,#Dorset,#Covid19,#DorsetCouncil,#StayHome,#SaveLives,#CovidWinterGrant,#ReachingOut,#CAB,#ApplyNow,#NationalLockdown,#2021,#BeKind,#BeSafe,#StaySafe

Yarn Barton Centre in Beaminster Open

The Yarn Barton Centre in Beaminster reopened today and will be operating 10am – 12.30pm Monday – Saturday.
It is totally manned by volunteers and provides a wide variety of services helping both residents and visitors to the area.

  • Collect Food & Recycling boxes.
  • Printing, photocopying & laminating: A3 and A4, Colour and B&W.
  • FREE drop-in computer access with Superfast Broadband & WiFi.
  • FREE Internet & computer help sessions on Wednesdays 10am – 12pm.
  • Local Transport information, bus and train timetables.
  • Food Bank collection point.
  • OS Maps & Beaminster Town map.
  • Purchase tickets for local events (when things are happening again!)
  • Operates as Beaminster Festival Box Office.
  • Purchase Car Parking permits.
  • Beaminster Clubs and Societies information.
  • Book Sale and/or Exchange
  • Local accommodation and self-catering information.
  • Tourist information.
  • Gallery of work by local artists.
  • Greeting card sales.
  • Poster Display: Events, charities and Community information.

The Citizens Advice Bureau no longer has their Thursday session but Bridport CAB can be contacted on: 01308 456594 or advice@bridport-cab.org.uk

#Broadwindsor ##Beaminster #WestDorset #Dorset #Community #Services #CAB #Free #Volunteers #SocialDistancing #StaySafe