The Dorset Council Community Impact Fund (DCIF) Round 5 (Coronavirus Support) has launched to support local charities, and voluntary organisations that are providing support and assistance to help Dorset’s most vulnerable people and their communities to recover after the recent Coronavirus outbreak.
New applications are now being accepted and the fund closes at midnight on Sunday, 20th September 2020. Award decisions will be confirmed from the end of August through to the end of September 2020.
Organisations and community groups can apply for up to £5,000. New and emerging groups (those with less than 6 months delivery experience and who may not have the normal governance in place) can apply for up to £1,000 provided they have a referee who will endorse their application and manage the funds on their behalf.
Organisations awarded a grant will need to be able to commence delivery of their project/activities within six weeks of being awarded funding. Groups will need to use their funding by end of March 2021.
Who can apply? Who is eligible?
- registered charities including charitable incorporated organisations
- constituted community croups
- community benefit societies
- social enterprises (companies limited by guarantee with a not-for-profit clause)
- CICs (must be limited by guarantee and have community benefit objectives)
- parish councils (if funded activities are not deemed part of statutory duties and must also have a voluntary and community sector partner to support delivery)
- town councils (if funded activities are not deemed part of their statutory duties and must also have a voluntary and community sector partner to support delivery)
- places of worship and religious organisations (if funded activities are not promoting religion)
- new and emerging groups – please see information below
- school PTA’s
- all of the above must be local or regional organisations; local branches of national charities are eligible if they are financially independent and separately managed
- CIC’s will also need to provide an ‘Asset Lock’ statement and copy of their Memorandum or Articles of Association
All organisations applying (apart from new and emerging groups) must have:
- a management committee, trustees or board of directors with at least three unrelated members
- a written constitution or set of rules that sets out the purpose and management of the organisation
- a bank account in the name of the organisation with at least two unrelated cheque signatories
Please read through the full guidelines HERE (a new window will open) before applying.
If you have read the guidelines and are ready to apply, click HERE.
If you want to chat through your project before applying or have a specific question you can contact any of the following:
Policy and Performance Officer (Grants) – Ian Wells
Tel: 01305 224307
- External funding and grants manager – Laura Cornette
Tel: 01305 224306
#Broadwindsor #Dorset #Funding #DCIF #CommunityGroups #Voluntary #Volunteers #Covid-19 #Coronavirus #ApplyNow